History of the RNZPBA
5 new Group Leaders roles, reporting to the Management Board, were proposed being: Finance and Administration, Promotions, Contests, Publications and Communications and Education.
The new operational model would be assisted by the appointment of an Executive Officer.
The recommended Purpose and Goals of the Association was to promote pipe bands and pipe band membership throughout New Zealand. To achieve that purpose, it was proposed the Association would:
- Promote membership of pipe bands and their contribution to New Zealand and its local communities.
- Provide education in all aspects of pipe band work to people at every level of experience and ability. Communicate and publish both within and beyond the pipe band community.
- Establish and administer the rules under which the New Zealand Pipe Band Championships will be conducted.
- Provide a cost effective, financial and administrative base for the achievement of that purpose.
- Do all other things which it considers will assist in achieving that purpose.
- In the new structure the Management Board provide governance and leadership but the voting rights for any changes to the rules of the Association, or Contests, resides with the member bands via a remit process which bands vote on.
The new structure was voted in by members in 1993 and that model continues today.
In 2018 a sixth Group Leader role was introduced for Centres.
In 2021 the Publications and Communication Group name was changed to Digital Group.